Post doctoral and Doctoral researchers with their own funding are encouraged to apply for a position within the research group
- we encourage fellowship applications to work within the group
- if no funded Post-Doc Positions are currently available within the group, please check back regularly as new positions will be advertised as they become available
- we are always on the lookout for outstanding young researchers. You should have a first class degree in a relevant subject: chemistry, physics, or engineering
- a PhD can be funded by an Imperial scholarship, by the applicant obtaining their own scholarship, through research program occasional funding, through the Imperial Doctoral Training Centers or through the candidate self-funding:
- UK students Students who wish to "have a go" or want to find out more about theoretical or computational chemistry are welcome to apply for a summer placement. There is a minimium duration of 8 weeks and a maximium duration of 12 weeks. Students having just completed their 3rd year of study are preferred although students having just finished their 2nd year will also be considered.
- If you need to apply for funding it is best to enquire early in Janurary so that applications can be made to funding bodies. The department has a policy that all applicants must apply to the department first, which will support a limited number of applications for the RSC bursary, before allowing candidates to be considered for other bursaries. Information on the RSC and Nuffield Foundation bursary applications
- Summer placements are all organised through Imperial's own Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program called UROP. Imperial students can apply for a bursary. The closing date to contact Dr Hunt is 1st February. Imperial UROP bursary information and forms
- EU students can apply for a placement of 3 months or longer. The Erasmus program allows students in the European Community to spend some time at other universities during their studies. More information can be found on the British Council web-site Imperial only has a receiprocal arrangement with certain universities, please check FIRST that your university is one of these.
- World students unfortunately we have no funding for non-EU nationals, please only apply if you have or can secure your own funding. If you contact me it is essential to detail your arrangements for fee payment and financial support during your stay in London. Those applications which fail to do this will not be considered.